Private Sailing Lessons & Coaching
Private Sailing Lessons
Which course or lesson is best for you? Do you choose private or group lessons? Do you do a complete course or just a 3 hour lessons?
At Topsides Up Sailing School we can cater to all your sailing and boating skills
Listed below are the various lessons you can choose from to improve your boating or sailing skills:
- Try Sailing – 3 hours on Sydney Harbour – Group lesson (between 6 – 14 people)
- Purpose: To give you an experience on a yacht and see if you want to take sailing to the next level
- Beginners sailing course – 3 hours on Sydney Harbour – group lessons (between 8 – 10 students)
- Purpose: To give you the 1st module of the beginners sailing weekend course – lesson in Points of sail, plus more
- Beginners 2 days (4 x 3 hours) sailing course - on Sydney Harbour (lesson between 4 – 6 students)
- Purpose: To teach you the basic fundamentals of sailing
- Beginners 2 days plus overnight sailing course – on Sydney Harbour (lesson between 4 – 6 students)
- Purpose: To teach you the basic fundamentals of sailing, plus experience sleeping on a yacht and some night time experience
- Private one on one coaching - On our Yacht on Sydney Harbour
- Purpose: To target area’s of what you want specifically, sharpen particular area’s you need
- Private one on one coaching – On Your Yacht or Boat – Sydney wide
- Purpose: Each boat has it’s own feel and handles differently and has different layouts. Best choice if you own a boat already
- Private lessons for you and your family or boating syndicate – On your Yacht or Boat – Sydney wide
- Purpose: Personalise the training for each person who own’s the vessel. Each owner and partner may have different skills and want to learn different skills. We Analyse the group and design your own package
For owners of Yachts
The dream of owning a yacht and sailing either in the Harbour or around Sydney or even in the ocean and traveling around the coast or world. It’s crucial to make sure your skills are at a level of confidence with competence. Don’t just rely on your partner/husband/wife/skipper to ensure your safety. Take some control and make sure you can assist if necessary. Be prepared with the right lessons and skills and know the risks of sailing or boating.
If there are just two of you sailing, and you don’t have basic safety skills, what happens if your skipper goes overboard? How do you rescue them and keep yourself also safe? What about children onboard? What skills do they need to have in case something happens to the adults?
We can ensure we give you a good head start to the safety of yourself and others onboard. Anyone can own a yacht in Australia without any license, but do you have the skills to handle the sails? If in the past you were the owner or driver of power boats, then these sailing skills would benefit you and the crew greatly. Yachting is very different to power boating. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you can drive a power boat and a yacht will be an easy transition. Be smart…take some lessons in sailing skills.
We can teach you skills to save your life;
Example of skills to have:
- Man overboard (technique varies from power boat and yachts)
- Mooring pick ups
- How to sail the yacht on your own – Short handed sailing
- Reefing – when to reef and how much
- Basic safety skills – i.e. how to throw a line
- Buoyage systems
Non Boat or Yacht Owners
You want to improve your own skills on area’s you feel you are lacking, or have less confidence in. You may want to be part of a crew on other yachts, but again feel you have a weakness. Instead of paying for a group course, which covers skills you may already have acquired, we can tailor a private one on one lesson just for you on our 38ft yacht.